Lake Albert Safari Lodge, Kabwayo Game Reserve – village of Kyehoro – village of Biseruka – Hoima – Masinda – Kichumbanyobo Gate Murchison Falls National Park (MFNP) – Kaniyo Padibi Camp (aka Budongo Eco Lodge).
Total Distance and Time taken.
Route breakdown and details.
• Now that we knew that the new tar road was linking the eastern shores of Lake Albert to the regional center of Hoima, we were able to ignore T4A and our GPS.
• After 7km from the lodge, reach the T-junction mentioned before. North (straight) to village of Kaiso, right (east) to Hoima as signposted.
• Pass through unmanned exit/entrance gate to Kabwayo Game Resrve.
• On outskirts of Hoima, in small village of Kyesigo, turn right at T-junction/circle to Hoima. Note: left is to town of Biso and the alternate route to the western entrance to the south of MFNP.
• Lake Albert Safari Lodge to Hoima on tar, 86km, 1hr30min.
• Hoima – Masinda on reasonably good dirt road, 51km took us 1hr15min.
• On way out of Masinda, turnoff to MFNP to the left (north).
• Masinda to Kichumbanyobo Gate MFNP, good dirt road, 14km took 20min.
• Gate MFNP to Kaniyo Pabidi, good dirt but 40km/hr speed limit in park, 8km before turn to the camp. Well signposted.
• Gate times in MFNP 06H30 to 19H00.